For 2 people - we only use organic ingredients
300 g. Chicken thigh (diced)
2 pcs. Onions (diced)
2 pcs. Garlic cloves (diced)
100 g. Celeriac (diced)
A dash of lemon juice
200 ml. Whipping cream
1 tsp. Thyme
1 liter. chicken stock
250 g. Button mushrooms (diced)
40 g. Olive oil
40 g. Corn starch
100 g. Green peas (from the pod)
300 g. Pearl barley
- Sauté the garlic and onions in a medium sized pot with the olive oil.
- Cook it for about 10-12 minutes, or until they are soft.
- Now add the spices and the chicken stock. Bring it to a boil then add the cream. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch, and season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Keep it simmering nice and slowly.
- Fry the mushrooms in the remaining oil until they are nice and brown. Now add the chicken and mushrooms to the sauce. Keep it simmering for a while, until you have a nice consistency.
- Cook the barley in boiling water until it is tender. Drain off the water and let the excess water run of in a colander. Now add the barley and peas to the pot with the chicken. Let it simmer a few minutes, season to taste and serve.